Nature Coast Surgical Specialists
8367 South Suncoast Boulevard
Homosassa, FL 34446
- Phone: (352) 382-0288
- Fax: (352) 382-0351
Hours: Monday-Thursday | 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Accepts same day new patient appointments, three years and up.
daVinci Robotic Surgery
- General Surgery: routine general surgery/trauma surgery
- Complex General Surgery: hepato-pancreatic biliary surgery; esophagus, stomach, colorectal; portal-hypertension
- Transplantation: liver, pancreas, kidney and multi-organ retrieval
APPOINTMENTS & POSITIONS
- General Surgeon and Director of General Surgery at Dunlap Hospital in Orville, Ohio
- General Surgeon and Surgical Director of Kidney Transplantation at Akron City Hospital in Akron, Ohio
- Director of Pancreas and Kidney Transplant at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pennsylvania
- Director of Pancreas and Islet Cell Transplant at the Division of Transplant Surgery Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Dr. Potdar is board certified in surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He completed his residency in general surgery at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He received his medical degree at Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, M.Y. Hospital in Indore, M.P. India and completed his residency in general surgery (Masters of Surgery) at the same facility.
Dr. Potdar also completed a fellowship at the Division of Transplant Surgery at Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Dr. Potdar has extensive experience in general surgery which also includes complex general surgery procedures and transplantation of liver, kidney and pancreas transplantation. Dr. Potdar served as senior surgeon and a staff member of the highly prestigious Christian Medical Center in Vellore, India.
Dr. Potdar is trained in minimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
Specialty Board Certifications:
American Board of Surgery
Medical Education & Training:
- Medical School: Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, M.Y. Hospital in Indore, M.P. India
- Residency: General Surgery at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and General Surgery (Masters of Surgery) at Mahatma Gandhi Medical College M.Y. Hospital in Indore, M.P. India
- Fellowship: Division of Transplant Surgery at Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center & Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Accepts Most Insurances, Medicaid, Medicare. Credit Card, Personal check, Cash.
English, Hindi, Spanish (Office Personnel)
- Nature Coast Surgical Speciliasts
11373 Cortez Boulevard, Suite 208